Does the word that just popped into your head show up here? Find out:

29 October, 2012

Some Mountain Photos



First, Silver Star. I saw this on a clear summer day. There was just enough wildfire smoke in the air to slightly blur everything. Normally, pastels make me yawn, and I like bold and saturated colors. But the almost impressionistic softness rapt me in happy appreciation.


Not far from the first photo, looking south across the river to Oregon, I caught sight of Mount Hood.  The cones in the foreground may be Boring Volcanoes, one of the best oxymoronic-sounding geologic names I know. 

 

On the same trip, returning home, I went through Chinook Pass for the first time. Just after peaking, starting down the west side, you come to this view of Tahoma/Rainier. Wordless.

1 comment:

  1. I can see why the softness rapt you - but that last shot is a dream. Magnificent, glorious. I can hear dad breathing that air.

    ReplyDelete