Does the word that just popped into your head show up here? Find out:

30 April, 2013

Happy Boy (Try Not to Be Offended)


I'm sorry to realize that there are those who will be offended at this, an image of Baby Jesus on a John Deere. I mean no offense, and anyway it wasn't me that staged this tableau. It was an innocent child, who happens to enjoy the Nativity scene (and yardsale-sourced tractor ornament) long after Christmas. I never could get the kids to play with the barn and plastic animals I had as a kid, but here they are replacing it with a creche, an ornament, and some wire.

And it sure looks like the holy child (who am I kidding? It's a piece of plastic, a mass-produced goof falling well short of even what idolators demand in an icon--my own kids are far more holy) is enjoying his ride. Good to get out of the manger, where the sheep have taken to whining and the cow continues her endless judgmental gossipy monologue. Joseph and Mary need some couple time, and what boy doesn't want to drive a tractor?

 

1 comment:

  1. Lump of plastic though he (He?) may be, your Baby Jesus still looks better than mine after kit knocked him down and pup gnawed him to gruesomeness. Took off the back of Joseph's head, too. Mary got her quiet time, played some Kings in the Corner with the Wise Men. And mourned ...

    ReplyDelete